Edina Unified pairs students with and without special needs in a variety of settings, both academic and social.
The ultimate goal of this leadership team is to cultivate authentic, lifelong friendships that will last far beyond their time in Edina Public Schools.
- Assistant Principal is named to Special Olympics’ National Education Leaders Network
- South View Middle School is named Unified Champion School of the Year by Special Olympics MN
- Peer Insights group is honored at PACER Center’s Unity Awards
- First middle school in Minnesota to earn Unified Champion School status by Special Olympics
- Edina students and staff are Freezin' for a Reason as they took the plunge into freezing cold water to support Special Olympics Minnesota.
- EPS surpassed its fundraising goal and raised more than $30,000 for Special Olympics Minnesota and Edina Unified programming!
- EPS is always looking for ways to promote inclusion and acceptance by partnering with Special Olympics MN and their inclusion programs.
- Participating in the Cool School Mobile Plunge is one of many ways the district prioritizes and invests in inclusive programming.
- Established in 2014, Edina High School’s Theatre For All program brings Edina Unified programming to theatre.
- This course pairs special needs students with their peers to create and perform roles together.
- This partnership model allows students who typically do not get the opportunity to engage in performance the chance to be center stage.
- By the end of the course, students have created a show which they proudly share with the community.