The Edina Synchro team does not cut anyone. All students MUST be registered prior to participating in practices. Find registration information HERE. *Registration begins on February 1.
Our philosophy is to make a place for anyone who has an interest in synchronized swimming. We try and place every swimmer on, at least, 1 routine. Routine possibilities are Teams 4-8 people, Trios 3 people, Duets 2 people, and/or a Solo. Being an alternate is also a possibility. *Swimmers are welcome with or without synchronized swimming experience.
- Swimmers should be able to swim freestyle and have a basic knowledge of swimming strokes.
- Swimmers need to swim comfortably in deep water and upside down.
- Historically, most Edina Synchronized Swimmers come in with little to no synchro experience. This is a sport you are never too old to learn.
The first two weeks of practice:
- During this time we are building strength, working on swimming skills, and teaching/practicing synchro skills.
- The coaches are watching the swimmers to come up with routine combinations for the season.
There are many aspects that we look at when selecting routine.
- Some of the areas we are looking at: percent of focus and effort during practices, dedication, current/potential skill level, execution of skills, egg beater heights, figures, leadership potential to a routine, prior division qualifications and needs of the team (i.e. each position in a lift is covered). We also try to put people with similar season goals together. Returning swimmers, figure scores from the previous year, will be looked at.